Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday 2 February 2012

Cemetery Rent a Cop

          It was January 29, 2012 at approximately 12:30 am when a cemetery rent a cop strolled up to my car door with flashlight in hand.  I was trying to capture disembodied voices on my digital audio recorder during a ghost box session.  As the light got brighter, I realised the security guard had indeed stopped for the sole purpose of investigating my presence within the cemetery grounds.  I preemptively rolled my window down, attempting to prevent him from tapping on it.  I squinted and strained to focus on him as he still had the beam aimed straight at me.

          I began the inevitable conversation by saying hello, with the intention of showing the guard that my business there was harmless.  He returned the greeting and then proceeded to ascertain why I was there.  I told him I was simply taking a rest from driving and that I was also talking to my wife on the phone.  He said that it wasn't a problem and that he just had to check.  He went on to explain how in the past few days teenagers had been there partying and being loud.  I told him I was getting ready to pull out anyway.  That was okay with him and he told me to have a good night.  He walked back to his vehicle and drove away, exiting the cemetery.

          I put my gear away and fastened my seat belt.  I drove home, anxious to begin analyzing my recently recovered data.  The following video is the finished product.







No comments:

Post a Comment